Gmail password error
When setting up POP3 fetching to a Gmail account and clicking the "Test connection" button, you see an error saying:
Password error: [AUTH] Web login required: https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=78754
What is causing this?
This happens because Google detects your login as suspicious. For example, because your server is located in a different country than you.
1. Open your browser
2. Login to Google mail using the web interface at www.gmail.com
3. At the top of the page you will see a message saying:
Google prevented suspicious attempt to sign into your account. Was it you?
4. Click the "Was it you?" link
5. Click the "It was me" button to confirm that you are the one trying to login to the account.
6. Go to Google unlock captcha
7. Login and click the "Continue" button to allow application access to your Gmail account
HESK should then be able to connect to your account.
Still not working or a different error? See the bottom of this article for other related issues.